Thursday 25 July 2013

Finally Nailing It

Hi everyone!

For ages I've been really confused by the big obsession with nail art. Partly because I'm pretty rubbish at it and partly because I'd rather concentrate on makeup, I just felt like concentrating on my face was a lot more worthwhile than spending time and effort on nails.


Nail Art Set: Urban Outfitters £6


Now I'm not going to say that I'm a complete convert but since getting gel nails I've kind of been won over. They're so glossy, strong and don't chip for ages. I also recently got a little nail art kit (pictured above) as part of a birthday present, and putting this stuff on is so easy even I can do it, and I have difficulty painting my own nails without getting polish on my fingers. All you do is paint your nails whatever colour takes your fancy, let it dry, polish your nails with a clear top coat and then apply whichever particular little gems you want while the nails are still wet, then just let them dry and you're done. Here I've gone really really simple, but I'm sure that with enough practice you could create some really original, beautiful looks.

The little kit is from Urban Outfitters and costs £6.00 which is well worth it when you consider that a bottle of nail beads generally costs around £4.00! 

If anyone has any nail art tips I'd love to hear them!

On another note, I started using the Real Techniques face brushes today and I'm already a massive fan, I've also been completely converted to Touche Eclat when applying it with the pointed foundation brush, as it goes on so much smoother than with the pen./fingers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment