Thursday 18 July 2013

Nivea BB Cream in Light Review

Hi guys, since we're actually getting some lovely weather in Northern Ireland at the minute I thought I'd swap my trusty Wake Me Up foundation for something a little lighter on the skin. I managed to pick myself up the Nivea BB Cream for £4.00 while it was on offer. 

Price: £4.00 (on offer) for 50ml 

Claims: '5in1 Beautifying Moisturiser. Evens. Covers. Illuminates. Moisturises. Protects your skin.' 

Rating: **





I bought this BB cream on a whim as I wanted to try something that i could just wear to work that would be light on my skin and keep it moisturised, as we generally have the air conditioning blasting at the moment. I absolutely love Nivea products, especially the smell, so was really excited to try this.

It definitely had the trademark Nivea smell, but overall I was extremely disappointed by this product. It came out with a very orangey tinge, and while this got a little better when applied to the skin, it just looked like I was wearing a mask and didn't blend into my skin well at all. It provided quite a good coverage, which was definitely a lot better than a standard tinted moisturiser, but I saw no evidence of it 'illuminating' my skin whatsoever. 

It's quite possible that I just have the completely wrong skin tone for this product, but I simply couldn't get past what was, to me, a horrible colour. I'd recommend that people with light skin stay away, as even though it is labelled 'light' I feel like the orangey tint will not be good at all for anyone with blue or yellow undertones to their skin. 

It's not an absolutely awful product, and I probably will use it when I'm just pottering around the house or in the garden as it has SPF10, but I am 100% not swapping my usual foundation for this anytime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment