Wednesday 24 July 2013

Birthday Beauty Buys

Hi guys! 
It was my 21st birthday on Monday which was absolutely brilliant so thought I'd share some of my lovely presents I received from family/my boyfriend and of course some beauty buys bought with birthday money...I just couldn't resist!


The little Pandora ring was a lovely 21st birthday present from my parents! It's got my birth stone in it so I thought it was a pretty appropriate birthday present. My boyfriend got me the turquoise bracelet on my birthday and I think the two go pretty well together, but anyway, onto the beauty buys...


(Left-Right)

1. Grarnier Ambre Solaire Tinted Self Tan Gel

I've literally just put this on so I can't vouch for how it looks when it's developed, but it seems to have a decent tint, allowing me to see where I've applied it. However, my arms are already tanned and they're almost the same colour as the tint so I'm not 100% sure it's even, I'm sure I'll see soon enough!

 I noticed that in the earlier fake tan post there was no mention of gels so I wanted to put a little mini review of one on here.

On the front of the product it says it has 'no self tan smell', which is blatantly untrue in my opinion. It definitely does have a fake tan kind of smell, which doesn't put me off but might certainly put off others.

So far it has come out a nice golden brown colour but I will keep you posted as it develops!

*NB: It says on the tube not to be used on the face, but my skin generally doesn't react badly to fake tan, does anyone have any advice on whether it's safe or not/ the reasons behind this?

2. Real Techniques Your Base/Flawless Core Collection 

I have been eyeing these brushes up for SUCH A LONG TIME in work and finally bought them today with some birthday money. I haven't opened them yet as I'm going to use them to apply my makeup tomorrow but I absolutely can't wait.

I'm so much more orientated towards face makeup, coverage and highlighting than I am eye makeup, partly due to the fact that I had severe acne as a teenager, and so got pretty knowledgeable about the best coverage for each area of the face and how to highlight the best parts.

Included in this set are: 

Detailer Brush
Pointed Foundation Brush
Buffing Brush
Contour Brush
+ case 

Let me know if any of you have used any of these brushes before or have any advice on how best to use them!

3. YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Highlighter in 2.5 Luminous Vanilla 

I bought this iconic product when shopping in Belfast as I again had a little bit of birthday money to burn. So far I've used it three times, and I'm not as blown away as I expected to be. It is a very good highlighter, but surprisingly it worked best for me when I used it over my usual full face of makeup to brighten it up a bit. However, I'm going to try using it with my new brush tomorrow to see if it'll make any difference! Does anyone have tips on how to get the best out of this product? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment