Thursday 1 August 2013

Green faced monster

Hi everyone!
I'm back at work again after a few days in my beloved Newcastle. Whilst most other 21 year olds are out getting drunk I'm sitting in with a romantic Chinese takeaway for one and a face masque, so of course I thought I'd share a few unflattering photos of the face masque experience with you!
Masque: Front
Masque: Back

Product: Montagne Jeunesse Virgin Olive Deep Cleansing Masque
Price: £1.00
Claims: 'Ultra moisturising,  leaves you with soft and supple skin that is super smooth and deeply cleansed.'
Rating: **


Looking like an alien...
...with spots



The Verdict: The masque was quite a light green colour and looked mostly like a traditional masque! It was quite thick and easy to put on, although I avoided my eye area. 

My friend who's studying beauty therapy told me to exfoliate before the masque or it wouldn't work, which I'd never heard before, and seems to be a useful tip.

The instructions said to leave it for 10-15 mins, and during that time it started to harden in different places giving me a rather fetching alien-with-spots look. 

I rinsed the masque off with water, which turned out to be quite difficult as it was so thick so I had to use a wipe as well. I rinsed it off about ten minutes ago and my skin feels clean but not as 'soft and supple' as the packet says. 

Overall, the mask was really cheap so I didn't expect miracles, but I did expect it to deliver on softening my skin, although it did leave it feeling clean, fresh and smooth.



3 comments:

  1. I never knew to exfoliate before applying a mask! thanks for the tip :) nice blog!

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was just told it today!
      Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ahaha that second picture! Gurl you should add a 'followers' button thing so I can follow you via GFC :)

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete