Saturday 22 June 2013

Product Review: LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo


Product: Lush Big Sea Salt Shampoo
Claims: 'Sea salt shampoo to give your hair lift and volume, make it easy to get a comb through and smell great for hours.'
Price: £11.25 for 330g
Rating: 4.5/5

As someone with notoriously fine hair I was really excited to try this product, and it didn't disappoint. In the past I've used pretty much every volumising product going; even applying salt spray or mousse after washing hasn't helped. 

The first thing I noticed when I used it was Lush's trademark amazing smell. You only need a really tiny amount of the shampoo as it has a really rich lather. The actual shampoo has quite thick grains which I initially thought could be really harsh on my hair but I was completely wrong, they broke as soon as I started to wash. The only thing I was a bit confused on was whether to use conditioner afterwards as my hair usually goes quite flat after any sort of conditioner, so I just left it.

I could feel that my hair seemed a lot thicker after washing, and to my surprise, despite the salt it didn't seem to have dried it out. After drying I was completely sold on this shampoo; my hair felt and looked a lot thicker and had a nice beachy texture without feeling like I'd done anything to harm it's condition.

Let me know how you've got on with this shampoo if you have a different hair type!



2 comments:

  1. oh i want to try! does it make it wavy if you just leave it? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without washing it out do you mean? I haven't tried that cause I think some of the grains would stay in your hair! It's soooo good Olivia deffo try it! xx

    ReplyDelete