Monday 24 June 2013

Laura Mercier Eyebrow Palette & Body Shop Slanted Brush: Eyebrow Tips

I went to the Laura Mercier counter in Fenwicks Newcastle a few weeks ago to look for a new eyebrow palette and was very pleasantly surprised. The woman at the counter was very helpful and offered to give me a lesson on how to do my eyebrows properly to frame my face so I thought I'd share what she said.





Products used: 

Laura Mercier Brow Powder Duo in Soft Blonde
The Body Shop Slanted Brush
Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel

First of all, use an eyebrow brush to brush your eyebrows upwards so you can see which direction the hairs are growing.


Take an eyebrow pencil and lay it in a straight line by the side of your nose and the inside corner of your eye. Make a dot where the pencil ends near your brow and this is where it should start.



Using your eyebrow pencil again, and line it up with the side of your nose and outer corner of your eye, this is where your brow should end so make a dot here.



Next, using an eyebrow pencil, use light feathery strokes to fill in your eyebrows between the dots the way the hairs are growing, so pencil upwards for the inner half and upwards for the outer. 

Once you've done this use your powder and slanted brush to soften any harsh lines from your pencil and you're done.





(Tip: I use a dot of my MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl just below the arch to highlight the area, I'm sure any highlighter would do though. Give it a go, I think it really makes a difference!)

Have you got any different eyebrow tips? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment